Yes, you heard us correctly. One. of. EVERYTHING!

Okay, so last night one of my dreams was fulfilled. I went to a restraunt and asked for one of everything on the menu. Well, let's not get TOO crazy or anything. One of everything on the Dim Sum menu. Now in case you are my parents or just a fiscally concerned bystander don't worry there was only 12 items to choose from and they were all 4.50 so do the math and split that bill in half and you get the bill for two couples. Nerds. Those couples were of course Bethany and Jordan, and Marieta and I. We all went out to eat last night at Cafe Su in search of Dim Sum. What we found was more of an Iowan version of the tasty chinese food stuff. Dim Sum are like these small delicious palm sized yum yums that are supposed to look like this:


Interesting little treats that comprise a meal. However, if you were to order Dim Sum at Cafe Su (Probably the best chinese you're gonna find in these parts) it's gonna look more like this:


Now those look like a bunch of Chinese Appetizers (sp?). Hey it's nothing against Cafe Su. Their stuff was delicious but what Marieta and I wanted to show Bethany and Jordan was the tastiness shown in the first picture. Hey you know what? That first picture was from almost a month ago... I miss San Francisco. And you know what! You should miss it too, that town rocks. Later chumps. It's time to pay the piper.

By the way the beer you see before me is Fiddler's Elbow Ale and the beer at the far left of the picture is Marieta's beer Sprecher Special Amber. Here are what the bottles look like:

Funny little bit about these beer choices. Cafe Su has a list of like 100 beers and they are from all over the world. Sprecher is from Wisconsin [ooooh exotic wisconsin] and Fiddler's Elbow is from England. Being P@ I chose first (without any hesitation and because the label reminded me of the West Belgian flag) and got the Sprecher, it was very very very delicious and I suggest you try it. Marieta spent the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what to get. Now Marieta is a big fan of tasty beverages, food, and boys, i.e. me [God I am on a roll tonight], but she likes to know a little bit about them before she tries them. Of course the beer list doesn't tell you anything except for where they are from. After much a do about nothing she eventually asked the bartender to show her three different beers and settled on the Fiddler's Elbow. Well she hated it. I tried it and it was fine. Marieta thought it tasted like a skunk... not so much; however it did have the aroma of a used band aid. And used band aids trip my trigger. It's wasn't any Sprecher Amber but it was good in it's own subdued way. Marieta didn't want anything to do with it so we traded. I don't suggest the Elbow but I wouldn't shy away from it if I were you. Sprecher=Great, Elbow=fair. Oh and of course Jordan showed up and had a Miller Light... here's to good taste!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019