Seriously Drinking and Not so serious football

Okay so Let's recap the weekend. Friday night I was on my own and just watched movies, Saturday I went to the Art Center with Marieta to check out some of their new stuff, went over to Bethany's parents house (always a treat) and drank some quality beers, got my delicious Cheddars Chicken tenders, and Sunday was of course the Superbowl.

That Superbowl had no action and when there could have been action there was a flag. The worst part was the commercials didn't make up for it. The only commercial that was laugh outloud funny was when that guy threw his cell phone in the other guys face. Now that is kick ass. Back to the game; That 75 yard willie parker run wasn't exciting, the gadget play wasn't exciting, and when the seahawks did something exciting the refs called them for B.S. holding calls. Overall I think this Superbowl is probably at the top of the list for Superbowls to forget. Such a great season and instead of ending in fanfare it ends with a wet fart.

Back to the beers. Maybe the best side attractions to dating Marieta is the fact that she is really good friends with Bethany and we occasionally get over to Bethany's parents house. Before we dated I went there once and it was the middle of the night. I have been over there three times since Jordan and Bethany's wedding and everytime we get over there I get to drink some high quality beer. This Saturday was no exception. Marieta and I trotted over to the Dennis house after the art center only to find that Bethany wasn't there yet. No bother, we went in chatted with her parents and started the beer parade about 20 minutes before Bethany even showed up. I'm starting to wonder who is more fun Bethany or her family... that is a debate for another day! Let's break down the beers:

Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter Hunter S Thomspon Commenrative Brew.

Now I have only had porter once before and it was at Bethany's wedding party (her father's home brew). This was a tasty beer. I don't remember anything particular about it besides the fact that its after taste was much scarier than the taste. Last time we were at the Dennis house we had Sam Adam's Triplebock which was deemed the strongs beer in the world in 2003...I think it was 2003. Anyways that beer tasted and smelled like soy sauce. This beer had a smell similar but it was smooth as can beer sliding down. The after taste is what really made it interesting. It started to taste salty and really bitter, however after tastes I dig. Considering I have never had a flying dog beer (every time I have been in the store the label just turned me off. I mean it leaves something to be desired... kind of bush league beer labels... This one is cool however a design by Hunter himself [originally part owner of Flying Dog] it had a quote from Hunter on it "Good People Drink Good Beer," now that is something I can get beind) I would say go out and let your taste buds get an interesting treat.







Old Foghorn Barley Wine Style Ale


Here is a beer that I could drink regularly. Now I dont know if you've had Barley wine before (once again I only Scott Dennis to thank for my previous experience with it) but it is one interesting beer. Barley Wine is like a very strong, malty beer that is only meant for sipping. Trust me on that one. Delicious. Smooth as the day is long. (That is second time in two days I have used that day is long phrase...note to self you are an unoriginal bastard.) If you have some cheese, crackers, chips, and bunch of friends who you want to be social drinking with get some of this stuff. Delish.













Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barley Wine Style Ale


This was the first beer that Scott handed us when we walked through the door. Now since most of you who read this probably have no idea who Scott is and what he is about let me just give you a little back ground. Back in October Marieta and I headed over to the Dennis' to hang with Bethany while she helped her mom with something and we called when we were a few blocks away. When we parked our car in the street the porch light came on and Scott jumped out side and started pouring two beers out of a keg he had on the porch. Now what's funny about this is we didn't ask for a beer Scott just decided to hold a beer tasting party. We were drinking all sorts of stuff. Man if only I had started this beer picture thing than I would have quite catalogue of beers. Mrs. Dennis doesn't like it when we come over because Scott just starts up his big beer festival. Very funny and very tasty. So this Sierra Nevada. While their Pale Ale, which everyone knows, is nothing to jump over the moon for, this Barley Wine is some heavy heavy stuff. It's hoppiness and malt flavors are almost too much. Everyone finished theirs well before me and Scott was starting to pour the next beer so I manned up and shot back good amount of this beer (which I don't care to have again).

If you ever befriend a Dennis I say kudos to you. You will drink like you never thought you would before. We didn't drink like drunks, we drank like wine tasters. Only 3 bottles, four tasters and an hour and a half of "oooh I like this" or "uhhhh this is not for me." Good Beer is a thing of beauty. Look for more Stunt Bunny Beer reviews as time goes on. Later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019