Twice in a day, aren't you lucky

Okay it's late and I already posted a rather lenghty entry but I just read on ESPN.com that Troy Polamalu has "tweaked" his ankle in a practice for this Sunday's Superbowl. Well let me just say right now that if the Steelers lose I am gonna be so pissed if all we hear is how the loss of Troy Polamalu hurt the Steelers too much. I am of the belief that injury in Sports is part of the game. It is the risk you take in a physical game. You can't do the coulda, shoulda, wouldas. I mean Illinois lost the national championship last year and it broke my heart but I didn't spend the whole year going "Man what would have happened had Luther Head not turned the ball over when the game was tied with a couple minutes left." That is crap. It's history. If Troy is hurt and can't play his usual game that is how the chips fall. People who boo and hoo off of that shit aren't worth the sox they wear.

In other news. I got the We Are Scientists album and holy shit. This thing rocks my face off. This proves a rock theory I have been stewing on for a few years. Trios will out rock and band that comes around. Green Day fucking rocks, Van Halen fucking rocked (with Roth), Alkaline Trio Rocked. The ability to make a song sound full with just a guitar, a bass, and a rocking drummer is the holy grail. When a band concedes to the fact that they need more than one guitar they are conceding to the fact that they aren't that good. Eight Miles Out included. I realized last March when Noah, Alex and I jammed alone that we should have kept 8MO a three piece. We could have done it and I was getting good at writing songs for trios.

Of course some bands do transcend this logic Jimmy Eat World shows it on Clarity, but not on any album since, and Reel Big Fish and a couple other ska acts show that a horn section can make a party fun as hell. Alright I am getting pestered by a kissing monster. gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019