Another Year, Another Move

So after moving about 95% of our junk about 10 miles north this Saturday, I figured out that I have moved 11 times in the last seven years. 11 times sound impossible? Well lets not forget summer sublet apartments. You know the crazy part? I actually in enjoy moving.

Almost all of those moves I moved everything on my own, and the ones where I had help, I moved the heavy stuff. Couches, furniture, desks, TVs, boxes, it seems like it wear me down and make me want to scream... but it doesn't. I don't know how to explain it. I guess its some sort of personal competition. I want to see if every year I can lift the same heavy crap I lifted the year before without getting absolutely worn down. I gotta say, I'm holding up pretty well.

My family came up to help us with this move. It was interesting, had to take a couch over a balcony, manuever it gently through doorways, and run up and down 3 flights of stairs countless times. I didn't even realize that I accumulated a great deal of bruises from resting every single object on my upper legs in order to open our new buildings self locking doors...

So next year, will I move again? Most likely. The year after that? I assume so. I forsee myself moving every year until I buy a house, and chances are I will get restless and move within a year or two of the purchase. So I guess, if you're looking for someone to help you move. Give me a call, For a sandwich and a smile I'll be your grunt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019