Wedding Music

Some may be in the know here, but for Marieta and my wedding, I am writing all the music for the ceremony (minus a couple of catholic mass things). It is something I have always wanted to do. It's pretty challenging, and personally I find it a touch demanding. There are a lot of elements at play. When you play in a band you could care less about what people think about your tunes (well that's not entirely true). The songs you write are the songs you write and if you attract an audience kudos. Basically you may be playing for no one, but if you do have an audience chances are those people want to hear your tunes. That's not the case with this.

This is the first time I am writing with an audience in mind, wedding goers. The music needs to fit the mood of the situation and not be off putting to those listening. No one will be attending our wedding with the specific reason of listening to my tunes. It's kind of like when you go see a movie. Tim Burton movies are notoriously scored by Danny Elfman. Now you may not know that but its a good analogy here. The movie/wedding ceremony is the turkey dinner at thanksgiving; the score/ceremony music is the stuffing (complimenting, just not scene stealing). Do you get what I'm talking about?

Well I am considering putting a couple tunes on the web. Maybe a myspace page or a facebook page. Something like that. Right now I only have 1.3 songs done (one close to finished + a second that is about half done= 1.3) I can't wait to get this all out there and add something very personal to this shindig.

Interest in what its sounding like? Well right now its kind of like Dismemberment Plan meets Clarity era Jimmy Eat World meets Album Leaf. As I progress I am hoping to add some Len Brown Society, Beck, meets Blur in Blur through 13 timeline. That makes sense to meet. Do it to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019