Posting at 6:45am

Woke up at 3am today. That's right, I'm not crazy, just trying to make a living. The morning shift of news starts 4am for Productions Assistants. Hey, it could be worse! If you're a writer there are a couple shifts that start at 12pm (1am if you're slow). I have no complaints about it. Those who have been around me early in the AM know I can get up and go. I don't like to say I'm a morning person, I prefer "anytime you need" person. Quotes? why not. It seems like the morning crew is a little more light hearted as well. I guess news breaks after the market opens so at 5, 6am you have no reason to be hardcore.

I think News Year day is my new favorite holiday. Labor days you cook out, Memorial day you camp and swim, July 4th you go check out fireworks, but New Years day the only real thing is take the day off and chill. It's not really a family holiday. Just kind of a take the day off and do as you will day. I love it. With that in mind, I did plenty on yesterday.

One of the presents Marieta gave me for Christmas was Cooking Mama: Cook Off, a videogame for Wii. It is a really fun concept. Learn how to cook in a videogame and get scored as such. The problem is the graphics, characters, and voice track are pretty shoddy. Very Anime/Japanese. That may work in the far east, but I kind of like it to be more realistic and have someones voice sound like a person. Marieta and I played this game in our PJs till noon.

In the afternoon Marieta and I checked out Pyramid Brewery. On Tuesdays, if you get the seasonal beer with your meal you get to take your pint glass home. So you know I had to get one. Snow Cap Ale is the current Pyramid seasonal, and I loved it. Kind of smokey and nutty. It had good hops and a lot of character. If Demolition from Goose Island is major league, than Snow Cap is triple AAA. Deep taste, but not something that you be year round fan of. After that Marieta went to target and got a few supplies.

Before heading home I got Marieta to check out Juno with me. It was really good, not great, but worth the time. Just as advertised, the first 15 minutes have full of "hip" dialogue that make you want to leave the theatre but when she finally tells her parents she is pregnant it gets really good. The only crappy part of it for me was that my favorite movie podcast kind of gave away the bulk of the details and minor plot points so I kind of knew the entire movie already.

Okay there are a couple videos I will upload once I get the time, and don't worry I haven't forgotten about my Vidcast proclamation. I subscribe to the idea that year end review projects don't need to be presented by the years end. So you'll see it shortly. PEACE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019