The weekend? let's talk about it

Friday: Went out with Marieta to the Wild Rose Film Festival in Des MOines. Watched a bunch of short films. God there were some horrible duds. the biggest was this flaming terd made by some valley students. Come on kids, make us alum proud and make some quality films. The feature of the evening was Boone Style, a film about a dysfunctional des moines family's reunion. Really good. I was impressed and inspired. Next year, Stunt Bunny productions will have a film in that festival. You should have seen some of the crap people turned in.

After the festival, I held a film festival of my own. Showing Marieta some of our classic gems: Hardcore Scoot, Smashing shit, The Orb, ISUpdate, Cardboard Team. I can't find my Midwest $$. If you have a copy, hook me up. How can I live without my masterpiece. Around 1145 we headed over to central campus to check out the homecoming fireworks. Would you believe that I have never been in Ames for homecoming weekend. We missed the final firework. From a distance it looked like just a giant fireball in the sky. I don't think it was meant to happen. Anyway, the fireworks were good and loud. Just how I likes it. T'was a good evening.

Saturday: I was supposed to tailgate but I was up late and Bethany and Jordan were busy so instead we all got together in Ankeny and just bummed through the afternoon. Around 4 Bethany, Marieta, and I went halloween shopping. I got a Mario outfit and Bethany got some cat outfit stuff. Next weekend we're doing a costume bar crawl.

The evening was all of us (Marieta, Bethany, Chris, lisa, and myself) all dressed up bar hopping around Ames. Bethany was a little loaded and the night was great. It ended with Marieta and Bethany getting Gyros. All these grads relieving their college days. Kind of funny. That'll be me in 3 months. 3 months and I'm out of here. I had such a good time this weekend. Oh and check this out.

Stuff I swore off, but tried this weekend: Coffee and Pumpkin pie. Both are thanks to Marieta. But you know what, Both were pretty good. I mean the coffee was Vanilla flavored latte but it wasn't craptastic chalk flavor coffee like I remember. Ah! it's time to go pay some bills and buy some shoes. Hope your weekend was as good as mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019