Stolen Car News

It's 4:30am, I'm Stunt Bunny, this is your Stolen Car Update.

Last Friday I told you of a story of my Car being stolen some time between 9pm Thursday night and 3am Friday morning. While it was extremely lame, there is pretty much nothing I can do about so why get beat up over it?

While we have no news on the cars whereabouts, we do have insurance information. After speaking with Alison from AAA, standard partice dictates that I have a two week window where AAA waits for information on my car. If there is no word of its whereabouts or it isn't found by the two week mark, AAA will begin the "totaling" of the car. "Totaling" means fill out some extra paper work to figure out the value of my car at the time of the theft and issue me a check to that amount.

Now, this is the interesting. As you know, my car was involved in a hit & run back on 12/28. It turned out my car was worth over 6 grand. Now I've only added about 600 miles to my car since then so unless I cleared some major value plateau (which is not likely)... At this point I stand to gain somewhere between 6 and 7 grand.

Now before you start thinking "Hey, that's cool, Pat is gonna get a new car," remember, my car was paid off. No payments, i.e. no debt. Buying a new car (and parking it on the street) does not appeal to me. Cars are expensive and I dont want to be making payments. So if my car is found chances are it is not gonna be in good shape and I will have some damage goods on my hand. If she's gone for good, I have to consider car shopping- not to mention the random crap I will have lost in the theif. Kind of a shibby situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019