Take the Lane

It's official, I'm a bike commuter. Bought my bike last week and I'm going for it. No longer will I be polluting the bay area while driving solo across the bridge into the city. I'm going green baby. Sure I'll need to drive occasionally (weekends and days when I miss the ferry but I'm doing it.)

So how does it work? Well I pack all my work clothes in a backpack, strap it onto my bike's luggage rack and take off for one of the Oakland Bart stops. I'm across the bay in under 30 minutes door to door. Feels good. I mean I have to deal with a few hills in the city and work up a sweat but that's cool. I can take it. If anything, I need it. I am not in great shape right now and I keep making up excuses for not running. Well no more. I am kind of loving this biking thing. Plus I am making my lunch (and dinner if I'm working Hertz/KPIX back to back), so I can really control the garbage I put in my mouth. Trust me, this is my second day and I'm waking up hungry and feeling good. I'll post some video from it soon.

Of course some days I can't take the Bart because they don't allow bikes during rush hours (7:05 to 8:50 am and 4:25 to 6:45 pm.) So that means I'm a ferry boy those days. That's right, I'll be riding in style across the bay under the Bay Bridge on the East Bay Ferry. I'm actually really excited to check that out tomorrow. The ferry is way faster than I expected. It's like a 20 minute ride. I mean I'll have to ride a little farther from the port to my Hertz Branch but who cares. Check back this weekend. I'll show you what I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019