2008 Election

Before I fly into an craze about this topic let me get in this very important plug.

Glassbooth

Who could possibly have decided their candidate at this point.

Now that is the point of Glassbooth.org. You fill in a short quiz and they will show you how each candidate lines up issue by issue with your beliefs. It is amazing. At the beginning of the year I thought I liked Obama as a person and he was brillant in speeches but glassbooth show our comparison (79%) pretty good but Bill Richardson (85%) was right on with almost everything and he hasn't minced words once in the process. Obama is Clinton 2.0 to me after watching so much debate footage (the plus of working in news). Now I'm not gonna tell you who to vote for only, you should check out this site out and figure out if you actually know the candidates and how they line up with you or if you are just riding the popularity contest. Yes Hillary is a powerful women and Barrack is a strong, smart man but there is more to these candidates than electability.

Okay so rant, I hate that word, electability; more importantly, I hate that idea. You know who forms electability? The PR groups and the Media. Good lord, you better be a big name or you have little-to-no chance. In fact, at this point you better have your name out in the public conscience at least four years prior to the election in which you are gonna run. What makes Rudy more electable than Huckabee (other than the fact Huckabee is a politically/socially regressive, Bush dopple-ganger)? He comes from a huge market and he's been floating around for years.

You know what makes a candidate electable? Being a Governor, which makes me feel a lot better about Richardson. I guess its hard for the common American to see the difference between supposed straight governing of issues and a Senator or Congressmen who yays or nays on package Bills that carry pros and cons.

Since most of my friends are in Iowa, and I spent a good part of life in Iowa, the upcoming caucus is important to me. A lot of candidates will call it quits within two or three weeks of the caucus outcome. If you're going to partake or vote at all I want you to vote with confidence and informed. The Dean Scream showed us a lot. The media will look for the angle and kill you if you give them the chance. It's what breeds people like Karl Rove. So with Less than a year to go look beyond the stump speeches and know what you're talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019