Insurrection

It is a slow news night. I am sitting here with my browser (Firefox, yee-ah) taking up 2/3s the screen, and just waiting for someone to put in a request for B roll. Saturdays can be the best and worst night of my news life. Sometimes I get to cool stuff, sometimes I sit around surfing the net. I know that is kind of lame and maybe shows I lack career driving motivation, but you don't know whats going on here man. (actually I just left for 15 minutes to find tape but you wouldn't know because I don't have a running timeline).

Anyways, in my vast amount of time available I have studying some things. Star Trek. Now I used to be a hardcore Star Trek geek as a kid. I wore a next gen uniform to the Star Trek: Generations premiere. And saddly, I even wore it once to baseball practice. I knew it was a mistake as soon as I stepped out of my mom's van... yikes! Well I've been reading quite a bit about the next Star Trek movie and I gotta say I am not even close to amped. I have seen every Star Trek movie (minus Insurrection, more on that later) and this whole reboot/prequel thing bores me to death. Kirk, Spock, Bones, who cares. It's been too long and unless there is something incredible coming from J.J. Abrams (who hasn't directed anything worth mentioning) I think its gonna put the nail in the franchise coffin.

Now the next generation may have been a great show (minus all the deus ex machina). But the movies were hard to embrace. The show was just full of so many crazy storylines it was hard to come up with a concept for a movie plot. What could they put in a movie that would break the mold of the show? Now Generations and First Contact were the first two films after the series ended and I must say they were a snooze. By all means the movies should have ended there. But Then Insurrection came out. I have never seen it, but it must have been good. I don't see any other reason for asking for more? I mean the last film was pretty much a mix of The Undiscovered Country and The Wrath of Kahn. Beloved crew member dies in the process of making an ally out of our closest enemy. I would say the biggest enemy but the Borg are way worse than the Romulans. So it works as a book end because that's how Kirk and crew ended their run. Kind of lame but it works. Now the natural move would be like a World War 1 calamity where Romulans and Klingons have some major battle develop and the Federation can't choose between allies causing a three way battle.


So I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Now you may ask how would I have fixed the Next Gen movies? Simple. The original movies knew that people wanted battles between Kirk and either Kahn or Klingons thats it. I mean anything else was not worth drive to the theatre. I think that's where Picard and crew got off track. What did people want from him? He had to battle the Borg or Q. That's it. They held the most interesting storylines possible and they botched it. Lame. Now that I have destroy and illusion you had of me being cool. I will leave you with this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019