I'm not an eavesdropper

However, it's really hard to tune out random conversations when you're eating alone on your dinner break.

So when you work news, your "lunch break" is actually after the 6 o'clock show ends. I normally bring my "lunch" with me but I was busy up until I left for work. So I walked down the street to a taqueria. I don't know why I went back, my initial trip was not that good and I passed up an enticing pizza by the slice place. Well being as its a taqueria it was pretty much a whole in the wall and close to all the seats were taken because let's face it; tacos are the shit.

The only place I can sit is behind a group of 4 kids, who I assume are 19/20 years old based on the convo. So after it is established that one of them is a lesbian whose mother doesn't approve and this girl is going to dominate the conversation. Now considering I don't have anyone to talk to I'm pretty much at the will of the room (no music, no newspaper to read, and surprisingly no soccer to watch). My new lesbian friend goes on to tell a story about quasi-stalking Tom Cruise on a movie set near her home. After being camped out for two days, Tom Cruise actually waves her and her friends over and gives them a tour of the set, meet some fellow cast, and drink hot chocolate. I missed who else she met and the movie she was talkign about but only because I was trying desperately to find something else on which to focus my attention.

Now I wouldn't share but it was actually an interesting story because I think it humanizes one of the craziest men on the block. I am not a fan of Tom Cruise, his religious beliefs are quack-tastic, and he obsessed with being the bad ass in his movies (not to mention has a severe napoleon syndrome problem.) I mean his movie track record is about 50% gold, 50% garbage. So thank you random chick, it makes me enjoy Interview with a Vampire just a little more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019