Feeling important

Word is surfacing that the oil spill in the bay this morning is much bigger than initially stated. At 6pm we reported it was around 140 gallons of oil. That's like a 20 car pile up. Well guess again folks. A reporter here at KPIX found out its more like tens of thousands (over 50k estimated) of crude swimming in the bay. OVER 50K! That's ridiculous so of course everyone starting searching for a frame of reference to attach this too. the 11pm producer had me search for info on the biggest spill in the past decade and other spills of note. So I found a few articles around the net (a, b, c,) abut a spill in 96 and than ran downstairs to the archive to mill through the binders for Video to use for the story.

I really felt like I was contributing. I found the 96 info that was put in the script and I dug up the old archive footage. Pretty sweet. I mean the oil spill is a disaster but finding all the goods, awesome. I'm feeling good... damn good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019