Shaving Sucks

Am I the only one who gets a little knick in their face and has no idea how to stop the bleeding? I am not alcoholic (not even remotely close) so I know my blood clots but for some reason I just keep bleeding. Put some toilet paper on it and take it off an hour later... I'm bleeding again. Wipe it off with a wet paper towel, forget it. That stings and I am still bleeding. I hate it.

Okay sorry about that. I don't have anything else to say but I have changed my stance on this post season. Normally I'm all about the League where my team resides; NBA=east, NFL=nfc, MLB=national league. Well guess what the Cubs made this post season, and lost, so that totally negates my alliance with the national league this year. You might say the Bears were in the playoffs a few years ago, lost, and you rooted for the Seahawks in the Superbowl. Well give me a minute to explain myself. Four teams make it to the post season from either league in the MLB, and the season to get there is a emotional rollercoaster; highs, lows, injuries, walkoffs, and near no-nos. There is just too much invested in a season that goes for 162 games (more than twice the length of a basketball season). HELL I'M NOT EVEN A HUGE BASEBALL FAN. Plus, I'm a Cubs fan. We're looking at 100 years of futility. I don't want to watch my neighbors succeed if I'm not. With the Bears and Bulls we have tasted success in the recent past. Michael Jordan's six championships still feel pretty good and climbing out of the NBA basement to be a defensive force is pretty sweet. The Bears had arguably the best team in football history at one point and made the Superbowl last year. We didn't win but we got there and had the mistake, game plan, and injuries had gone our way we would have had it.

Baseball teams are completely different. You can have major roster overhauls all the time. And you are stuck with your trash for the length of their contract. You never see whats coming so when you get to the playoffs its time to celebrate, oh wait, then you get swept. So I can't rejoice behind a team that is surging through the playoffs. I want the Rockies to be bitch-slapped. And if the Red Sox do it. I will feel even better because that means a roster full of hired guns will beat the homegrown team that everyone seems to be falling in love with. Well all that and I love to root for the bad guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019