Does God love me?

I'm a little confused. God gave me this new job in the field I would die to work in.

TANGENT!

I've never understood that phrase "to die for." I wouldn't die to do anything. I mean unless its some great cause like save the planet, push a baby out of the path of a semi, or restore the human race from sure doom brought on by energy crazed machines. But not for a job. So I shouldn't really say I would die to work in television. I wouldn't even sell my soul. (but I do understand what that phrase is trying to convey.)

So my new job is great but it has a serious repercussion; I cannot watch my favorite shows. Chuck, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Phili, My Name is Earl. Forget it. I am at work whenever they air. Thank God for tivo.

Wait a second... God does love me. This job fills my tivo with Patrick filled goodness. If I were at home I would never have anything on my tivo to watch when I'm chilled out. (I say my tivo because it was a gift to me however I do share it with the love of my life, and the ridiculous majority of the recorded programs and season passes are Marieta programs. I think I record 5 or 6 shows total. You would think it would be cool to record games but I cant watch a game after the fact.)

With my new job I may be working 3 PM to Midnight but you know that's perfect. If I work a weekend shift I have an excuse for football games (they are on all over the station; east coast games, west coast games, whatever! it's like candy land). If I work a Monday or Thursday Tivo can pick up all the goods. I am in a good place... sorry to have wasted your time. But this reminds me: tomorrow I am going to post a gaggle of pictures from my weekend and you must return to check em out. YOU MUST!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019