Too Early or Too Late

The clock currently reads 5.08 and I am up. I woke up at 3 and couldn't fall back asleep. Got out of bed at 4 and I have been dancing around strangetalk since. I have been re-reading my old posts. Is it good to be nostalgic (sp?) at 5am. I mean it just makes it worse. You are up way too early, you are way too sentimental, and have no one to talk to. That really sucks. I used to post a lot about Eight Miles Out. I miss my band. Reading those posts I can just see a dumb kid who loves his band and pretty much loves rocking out. God I wish I was in a band. Maybe I should try and start one here... Oh by the way, I haven't found a "career" job yet but I am most likely going to be working at Sam Ash (2nd biggest guitar store chain) on Monday. I should make some good money off that. It also seems almost criminal to be working in a guitar store and not be in a band.

Illinois, Illinois... I wish someone would give me a job. As far as I can tell the most powerful people on the planet are those HR people who glance over résumés and cover letters everyday. They probably see a million and a half cover letters that read "I am hard working and got a 4.6 in college, give me a job or I'll kill myself." Actually I doubt they see any that read like that. I would give that guy a job because he would most likely do his work without any fuss. But then again that guy might actually be the office bitch who everyone would hate, and hate me for hiring him.

So what am I doing with my time in Chicagoland? Well I don't have much money and I have plenty of time so it's job searching online, reading (comics, books, guitar catalogues), movie watching (A History of Violence: pretty good, Beautiful Girls: Pretty damn good, Rent: Pretty who cares, Fun with Dick and Jane: Pretty I want my five bucks back from Blockbuster). I went to Borders and was looking over the job hunting books. I found a great one called Jobs That Don't Suck. Funny and informative if I may say so. The title tells people exactly what this job hunt is all about. I don't want a job that sucks. That means insurance, bank work, or data entry. So Sam Ash gets me until I find my dream job or I win the Mega Millions. Ah the lottery, such a cruel mistress. Worse than Smack, Crank, and Meth. I love how drugs are sound effects from the 1960s batman series.

So the Sun appears to be peaking its ugly head... what will today hold? I am guessing a lot of job searching, a couple naps (5 hours doesn't hold me too well), maybe another flick. Am I a bum? the jury is most definitely done deliberating. Guilty as charged. Okay I'm calling this baby done. Give me a call if you're free, because I certainly am. Love you and miss you. Yeah you! Don't pretend you didn't know it, peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019