Patman Returns

So I finally got everything I own out of Iowa... I think. Alex has a couple of my drum things but otherwise I have it all. My apartment in Ames is empty. Kind of nuts. All done with ISU and Ames. The weekend otherwise? Great. Stayed at Jordan's, watched the Clips beat the Wiz (damn you Gilbert Arenas), played some video games, golfed, watched the Lakers get raped by the Suns, cooked out. It was great.

Jordan had to work all Saturday so Marieta hung with Bethany while I got my junk out of Ames. We got back together Saturday evening and went to this new Des Moines bar called EL Bait Shop. Really cool place. It had like 80 taps of crazy beers. Here are the taps and the beers I tried:
!!!THE TAPS!!!
(two pics poorly put together)

Now I don't know what you think but this wall is pretty impressive. Marieta and Bethany told stories about places they've been where the wall was as big or bigger. Seems pretty crazy. Only dissapointing part here were a lot of the beers I had heard of. Now I realize that that is gonna happen a lot but my initial reaction to hearing that there like 100 beers on tap at a bar or restraunt that I will not have heard of 80% of them. This is no longer the case and it makes me sad. I only had two and a half beers, here they are:

St. Bernardus 12
This Belgian delight was very interesting. I don't know who could dislike this beer. I mean it tastes like beer at first (hoppish and bittery), but as it sits on your tongue and rides down your throat it shows off its sweet yum yumminess. I don't know where you can buy it but if you come accross it, give it a try. If you are eating Mexican food this beer is what you should be drinking. So good with salty treats.

Rogue Chipotle Beer
For my second beer I didn't know what to drink so I walked over to the wailing wall of beer taps and looked for the coolest tap I could find. There were knomes, dead guys, paddles, but this cauctus with the vulture ontop flipped my switch. I asked the bartender what I was looking at and Chipotle Beer it was. Very interesting beer, full body beer that has this root, pepperish taste (hence the chipotle [ for those who don't know a chipotle pepper is a smoked jalepeno]). I want some of this beer and I want some of it now. I will find it and I will drink it.

Great Divide Hot Shot ESB
Here is where the half beer came in to play. Marieta actually ordered this beer and it was very good. ESB stands for Extra Special Bitter. Marieta loves stuff like this; Bitter, hoppy, etc. IPA is her beer when we try something out. I didn't know what ESB meant and Marieta didn't tell me before I took a drink. Good beer but not really what I am looking for when I drink a beer. Full body, bitter (can you believe that), and lasts on your tongue forever. Definitely in a good way. I had to drink half of it because Jordan called and we had to split to watch the Lakers/Suns travesty of a basketball game.

So now I'm back in Oak Park and I was supposed to start a new job yesterday but my background check info didn't come back in time so now I am chillin out for another week. I already went for a bike ride around Oak Park and Berwyn. I figure if it doesn't rain tomorrow I will probably bike down to the city. As for this weekend well I will leave you with a picture and a link to what I hope to be doing come Saturday. Love ya.

Click the picture for a magical ride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019