What You Missed Saturday @ Gas Lamp

Early this month my coworker Ryan Peterson, co-host of the dormant music podcast "We Hate Music," introduced me to the local act Holy White Hounds and since that moment, I've been thirsting to see them live. Saturday that thirst was quenched.

Watch on Youtube




I might have gone a little over board with the filming. What can I say I really dig these guys sound and their live performance lived up to their recordings. Three pieces are a tricky business but luckily these guys have the chops and stage presence to pull it off. After you watch these videos I suggest you download their EP on Amazon and check them out live.

An added bonus to the evening was checking out local rock-country group Bright Giant.


All songs available for download on Amazon

To be completely honest I was not a huge of their recordings on ReverbNation. The vocals seemed a little too timid and the music a little too reserved for my tastes, but their live show erased all those notions. These guys rock out and get into it. I love a good showmen and their drummer and lead guitarist own the stage. I'm glad they were on the bill because I doubt I would have ever seen them live if it weren't for them sharing the stage with the Hounds.

I almost decided against going heading out Saturday, on account of the Nebraska sun draining my energy, but man am I glad I sucked it up and hit up the show. Saturday's show started at 9 and I split at 1045. Bright Giant was only a few songs into their set but I was in dire need of some shuteye. Still I'd call the night a success and I can't wait to see both of these bands again.

For more local band performances visit my YouTube playlist: "Live, Loud, and Local."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019