You're the Pretender!

What if I say I will never surrender? yeah! How do you like them apples. I really dig this new Foo's single. I'm not daft or anything. I mean it's not anything new really. It's loud, quiet, loud, quiet, loud, loud. That's Dave Grohl writing style. It hasn't gotten old with me yet. I mean the songs that rock, they rock my toe nails off. Beanbag made sure to let me know he already has their album. If you know anything about me know that I hate get albums before their actual release date. I love the feeling of buying an album, ripping off the plastic and rockin it in my 'rolla on the drive home.

Last Thursday I started my new job @ KPIX CBS 5. I feel like a weight is slowly being lifted off my shoulders. I am finally on path to starting a career in the broadcast field. KPIX is great. I may only be pulling tapes, running, prompter and minor editing work right now but I don't care. There is a lot to learn and everyone I have talked with there seems willing to teach. One of the head editors ran me down a list of things she expects from Production Assistants (which is what I am), and I gotta say I am totally in line with it. I don't want to spend my time just sitting at my desk dancing around the internet. I want to learn all there is to learn. Everyone in that news room knows that the PA job isn't something you should stay in for long. I have a foot in the door and by this time next year I hope the host invites me in for a cup of tea and some cake. Maybe I'll post some pictures, I haven't found out if that's cool or not.

What is the scoop with Hertz? Well I am part time there. See this PA job is about 25-30 hours a week and that is not gonna cover the rent. Actually it might but I would literally have zero dollars for anything else, so I'm keeping my position at Hertz for the time being. I think they know that if you go part time they expect that you're going to return to a full time post. It's cool. I enjoyed Hertz. I enjoyed it about 10 times more in Chicago but that's only because the fleet is ran better there and customers are a little more tolerable back in the Windy City.

P.S. in case you haven't noticed I added another list at the bottom of this page. It's movies I want to see (some are not out yet), and a list of movies I saw that you should see. Now I'm not gonna post things like Dumb and Dumber or Fight Club because if you haven't seen those movies I don't think we should be talking. So check it out. Okay that's the story thus far. Check ya later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019