1 am, not tired

Dudes, I should really be asleep. But I'm, not even close. I am wide awake and dancing around the internet doing nothing. Updated photos on myspace and reading about movies that I will probably never see. Well, scratch that, I will see them just not for a very long time.

Tuesday is my favorite day of the week these days. Marieta and I are taking a Spanish class. I am not sure if I am retaining anything but I feel pretty solid while in the class. It helps me remember my French. Plus, I get to learn some cool slang. like Que gran cagada. Your homework is to figure out exactly what it means. Were in the class because Marieta needs to learn Spanish for her job. Half of her patients speak Spanish as a first, or only language. I have to take the class because I need to know what Latin spies are saying behind my back... damn Federales... If I'm ever in another band I want it to be something along the lines of The Federales.

My new job is pretty rock n roll. Last week I was sitting with Edward (coworker at Hertz) and we were discussing jobs. I said my position at KPIX doesn't even feel like a job. I enjoy my time so much and it goes by so fast it isn't fair. It's like a hobby that somehow I'm lucky enough to collect a check doing. I would never say I shouldn't get paid for my work because money is important, don't lie to yourself. I can't wait to learn how to write copy and edit big story packages. I am ready now but you know people above me still are probably in the hamster running through a maze stage, will I find the cheese or go straight for the exit?

The Bears make me close to tears. Five defensive starters hurt. The Defense can hold any team to near shut outs for 2 or 3 quarters and then the defense gets tired because our quarterback can't move the chains to save his life. When will Lovie Smith realize his legacy is tied to his quarterback. If Rex keeps a team built to make the Superbowl back Coach Smith is just as much to blame. No player should be your guy unless he has proven he can take down quality opponents, and let's not kid ourselves last years schedule was a cake walk and this year Rex is going to be exposed for the short, shakey little girl he is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pat: I think you should stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think about the Bears. I missed last week's game against Dallas and I guess it was a good thing. You can take some solace in knowing that the Cambridge Vikings won their game last Friday. So far, they have only lost 1 conference game. Woo Hoo.

Your uncle Brian.

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019