Putting some spice in the soup

So last night Elliot, Wags, Porter, and I got together to play a little poker. 5 card draw, texas, omaha, and Chicago Hi/lo. Good times. Everyone except Ben had the chip lead at one point and it went late. we started at like 9 and the last two men standing were Wagner and I at 1215. I should have and could have won it all but I was getting tired and played with my balls to the wall just to see if I could find a means to end the game. Best 5 bucks I ever lost in a poker game. I really felt like I made some solid moves. I'm looking forward to playing again but this time, winning it all.

In other news this weekend I am going to Chicago to spend the weekend with my displaced mother. She's out in Cali, might get a job offer out there, and if she gets the job she wont be free to swing through the midwest at the drop of a hat. So, I'm going to visit her and my relatives to celebrate my graduation and all the what not. Oh, did I mention I got the info in the mail, ISU says I'm officially out of this piece.

I have had a freaking awful cold/flu thing since Saturday. I don't get it. I just woke up on Saturday and my head weighed like 40 pounds. Sunday, after Jordan's bachelor party it was worse. Not a good idea to stay up till 4 if you have the flu, espcially a flu that is gaining momentum. It was a good time but a bad move on my part. We went out on a golf outing in the afternoon, shot a 106 (should have shot a 98), and than at night we went to Octoberfest and bars in Des Moines. Good time had by all, even with Jordan's dad there.

AH! I can't wait to go to Chicago this weekend. It is my favorite place on Earth. I'm looking at this semester in two very contrasting lights. First, everytime a new homework assignment comes up I start thinking "Oh man, there is no way I am gonna get this done. I hate school, please just end," and the old "Thank god this semester is going so fast. With everyday that passes I am one step closer to good old Chicago." BAH! You kids have yourselves a merry little Christmas. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019