Good Lord I have been lazy

So my computer has been turned off since Saturday (I'm in a computer lab before class) when I reformatted it and I still have yet to take it in to get it cleaned up. I have no idea whats wrong with it. Maybe I reformatted it wrong? I have done it several times in the past. What could I be doing wrong now... hmm...

I am pretty much swamped in assignments right now. Adapting a short story into a screenplay, Recording 5 episodes of a news show and writing a 5 page review of its approach and content, meeting with a conversation partner of a different culture, a debate over Materialism versus religion, and of course next week there is a test in one of my classes. Can I just say balls? Balls, balls, balls. With all this homework where is there any time left over for the xbox?

Man, even though I am busy, I am just flat out bored lately. Bored to the core. I need to take up underwater cave diving or something. Maybe get a job, but that just seems like it would add more boredom and demands to my day. Whats a girl to do?

Hey one thing about this Journalism course I'm in; we watched this documentory on the class system in America and one way they illustrated it is with bread consumption. They took this town, Burlington, Vermont, and the local grocery store went out off business and they had a big town fight over who should build the new full scale grocery store a Co-op (you know full of organic food and whole wheat goodies) or a nat'l chain I have never heard of. Of course people were scared of the Co-op because it didn't carry the brands they like, they thought it was expensive, and just found it to be a freak hippy hangout.

One of the big arguments was 99 cent loaves of bread. This became the resisters battle cry. They don't want whole grain hippy bread, they want their 99 cent wonder bread. Than the documentarians interviewed people around the nation about what bread they ate. Of course they talked to all sorts of people and the lower your economic status the less likely you were to eat any bread that wasn't plain old white bread. It was a pretty cool flick. by the way the Co-op won out and built the full scale grocery store; however, they added 99 cent white bread to their shelves along with other friendly non-hippy foods.

I dig Co-ops, there is a small one in Ames, there is a cool one in Iowa City, and there was a really cool one out by my parents when they lived on Long Island. I hate Long Island but man New York is truly a place where you can get whatever you want, whenver you want it. Thankfully they live in the 2nd whatever, whenever town now; L.A. oh boy. time for class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019