Good Luck exploring the infinite abyss

AH! I just watched Garden State for the first time in like 2 or 3 months. God I love that movie. Every time I watch it I have the same reaction I had the first time I saw it. I'm 23 years old and I can connect with the whole fish swimming through the ocean with his eyes closed thing. Great flick.

So the first week of my last semester at ISU was a success. All my classes are pretty cool and none of my professors are complete tools so I'm diggin it. What am I taking you ask? Five courses: The History of Science and Religion (pretty cool), Gender, Race, and Ethnicity in the Media (another topic that tickles my cerebrum), Intercultural Nonverbal Communication (a class full of friends inside my major), Intercultural communication (same deal as the last class), and Screenplay Writing (totally sweet). I'm digging all my classes. Maybe I can pull another 4.0 semester. That would be pretty cool. Prior to the start of the semester I was all worried about the screenplay writing course because I didn't know if my ideas would formulate well but while I was out in California I got a great idea for a movie and now I'm thinking this class could be the coolest course I have taken in college. Wouldn't it be sweet if I wrote a movie and it actually got made? Ah, that's me in a nut shell. Thinking something up and than getting way ahead of myself thinking up how amazing its gonna turn out. Bah, who cares, I'll take the optimistic view any day over the rest.

So my week what all happened? Well I caught up with people I haven't seen all summer. Corey, Adam, Corey's housemate Matt, and I went out for a bit on Thursday night. Corey, Adam, and I are a dangerous trio. A lot of old man bickering and complaining. Ah, it's great. Last night I went out with Ben, Grubb, and Wagner. We met up with Leopold, Elliot, and Abe. I had a really good time but half way through the night we Welch and went to this party across from Leopold's place. It could have been cool but it turned out to be a sausage fest full of freshmen. I mean we were 6 or 7 guys walking around so thats quite a bit of pole there but I don't want to be at a party full of guys who on top of it are freshmen. I got a little mean there, I regret it but whatever its in the past. I've recently gotten this thing going where I don't like freshmen (some jerk or something) but today I realized that the reason is I am at the end of my college career and about to take a nose dive into responsibility and the real world. All these freshmen are just starting the craziness that is college and I'm a little jealous. So I'm gonna try and cut em some slack.

After that party Ben and Leopold split (the guys with girlfriends) and the rest of us losers went to Sips (bah, not my scene man) but I didn't care I just wanted to leave that party. Sips was actually alright. We danced, had a couple drinks, and it was a fun time. All in all I think this semester is gonna be pretty fun. The only thing that sucks is that I need a job, the money pit is starting to dry up and I have credit card debt to pay off (not a lot but few hundred bucks).

So this semester is about: Having fun, getting those As, finishing my screenplay, hanging out with my friends as much as possible before we all graduate and move to different places around globe, and maybe if I get the nerve I'll meet a lady. Hope you got your shit together, later. P@

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019