Great Weekend

We were busy like bees this weekend. Friday after work Nick Welter and I moved about 15 wheel barrels full of dirt to our raised beds. I was so freaking beat after all that digging that we were lights out in bed by 10 o'clock. I would feel like a loser but when you are working with shovels and dirt... you can't help but feel manly.

Saturday, we woke up early around 8 and danced our way over to the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market. I brought a camera and this is what it looked like.



Packed to the gills. Was a good time, ran into my old bud Dan Givens, his fiancee, and his parents, and talked to some of our favorite farmers. Love the locally grown produce... now if only they would split it into prepared food at one end, and farmers at the other. Get the fools out of my way who only came down there to buy a breakfast burrito.

Saturday night Marieta and I drove all the way to Cedar Rapids for the Iowa Broadcast News Association awards dinner. It was cool and I got a second place prize for my contributions to a series of Oskaloosa political stories. Pretty cool considering I didn't even throw my name in the hat for prize; my news producer Jonathan Gregg put it on there for me. Here's a pic of me with Patrick Bobery's award.


All that way and I didn't even win anything... : )

Sunday was probably my favorite day of the weekend. Marieta and I drove out to her family's farm and help plant somewhere around 50 trees for their wind break. I got to use an Auger, shovel, plant a handful of trees... I love doing manly things. Check out a video I shot of it.




Well that's the weekend, I am a little beat from staying up late for IBNA and then working so hard yesterday... oh well, it was worth it. Hope you are all having a transcendentally awesome Monday. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019