A Finals Thought

Okay I love Dwayne Wade. I have mentioned that here before so there is no need to get into that nonsense. Now I just read the ESPN.com breakdown of is it a Wade World? Why did the Mavs lose? Should Shaq and Riles call it a day? Woudl the Heat win if they started the series over? The answers were pretty boring except for the last question. Everyone was saying the Heat would win without a doubt. Most of the comments were saying a Heat Sweep. The final comment said "Heat in four. Who would ever doubt these guys?"

I like that comment and it got me to thinking. What finals winners could beat the heat. I mean they have two amazing pieces. A unstoppable Dwayne Wade (clutch as hell and can drive and dish like a monster). So who could beat them. I am only go on the modern NBA so we'll say From Magic Johnson on. I think there are only a few teams I see beating the heat. Probably the 80 Lakers, 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, and possibly the 99 Spurs and 00 Lakers.

These teams are match up nightmares and solid front lines. I only say possibly to the lakers and spurs because the Lakers have Shaq and the Heat have Shaq. I don't see Shaq from any year stopping Dwayne Wade and I don't know who else can defend him. People have nagged on the Heat's supporting cast but they all pulled out some great defense and monster performances from the 2nd round on. People call Wade Shaq's best side kick but I was very impressed with Antoine Walker's post passing abilities in this playoffs. How many ally oops can one man dish. Haslem, Mourning, and Posey were defensive monsters and as far the 99 spurs go they had the towers and Avery JOhnson (plus steve Kerr) but the Heat line could handle them just as easily as the Mavs.

Now those Celtic, Laker, and Celtics teams are perfect models of NBA team building. 80 Lakers had a crazy post man, a point guard like none before (or since), and middle pieces that compliment. They would beat the Heat in 5 or 6. I mean Shaq and Kareem would go at it and the winner of that would be a toss up but Magic can run a point and the Heat are too inconsistent at the point. The series may go 7 but only if Wade was a surgeon like this series.

The 86 Celtics would be pretty much the same. Parrish, Bird, McHale, and as much he annoys me Bill Walton were an orchestra of basketball. Tall, broad, and overall prototypes for their position. the 06 Heat vs. the 86 Celtics would be a great match up.

But not nearly as good as the 96 Bulls (the unbeatables) vs. the Heat. Michael, Scotty, Rodman, Hodges among others. This team has gotten crap for beating up on a week league but I don't care what people say when you win over 70 you are a monster. I think this may be the only team I would bet my life savings on the Bulls containing wade. They may be the only line up that could. Jordan vs. Wade would be a site but there is no question that Michael would take Wade behind the woodshed the four games they won.

You may hate the pieces around Shaq and Wade but in the playoffs they brought it together and won it. I love this game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019