What Once Was And Could Be

It makes me sad to say I will be one of those guys who can only tell his kids that he used to rock and they wont (most likely that is) experience it first hand. The picture above was taken in Burt, Iowa back in 2003. The "Hey Day" of Eight Miles Out. This past week has kind of been a rock n roll renaissance; dug out those lost to the winds 8MO demos, mixed down the last recordings I ever did for another group (if you care to listen check this out), and started work on a collective DVD of pieces from every show we got on tape. That DVD is gonna take a lot of work and will probably only be appreciated by three people and eventually their descendents but... who cares. When you want to relive your rock filled days it's easier to do if it is all wrapped up in one neat little package.

Will I ever get my stage legs back? Good question. If I do I doubt it will be for anything more than fun and a few good laughs. In the mean time my musical goal are to set up all my gear (Guitars, Keyboards, Recording equipment, Mic-ed Drumset, PA) in one room... whenever I can find the space. I'm guessing that wont be a possibility until we move out of California, and who knows when that will be. Keep the dream basement alive!

Comments

Adelyn Zara said…
Your children may not be "rockin'" - but I guarantee that they will be doing something and thinking that you are old, losing it, and out of touch.

It happens to the best of us. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019