I should really go to bed

I have no reason to stay up. Well maybe the fact that its kind of warm and I can't sleep in hot rooms makes me want to stay up... but seriously I should hit the sack. I have to work at 7. Working at 7 should be a crime against humanity. You know who is up working at 7 am or needing the services of a rental at 7am? People who are also wishing they weren't up at 7 am. The sad thing is right now I'm not filling my time with something constructive or even entertaining. I am running around myspace, facebook, metacritic, and wikipedia jumping from garbage to garbage. Hold it, did I just call Metacritic garbage and not entertaining? that seals it I'm tired.

Since my move out here time has flown by quicker than ever before in my life. I have almost been here two months. Part of the reason is there is an endless list of things I want to do out here, part of it is I only have a few spare hours in my day so I can't kick back and let time drag by, and part of it is a girls job is never. That's right ladies.

I wish I lived in a hippie commune. I live under the assumption that when your life revolves around building mudhuts, smoking weed, and playing with an extensive collection of conga drums that you don't need to worry about money and stuff. I don't necessarily worry about money (I can pay my bills, go out to eat, and treat my lady now and again), but there are certain things I want now (a new computer, a Treo smartphone, and a personal batting cage) that I can't afford right now. I don't see myself affording it in the near future either so I'm stuck with my current situation. If credit cards weren't so evil I would purchase this shit, but then I wouldn't own it; I would play with it knowing that Mastercard owns it and just lets me borrow it with a fixed apr and finance charges. I don't have the will power to be a hippie. My hair itches if I don't shower every day, I have italian blood in me so if I'm in the sun too much I sweat like a pig and no one wants to be near the sweaty guy who isn't wearing deodorant. Plus I love processed foods, having heated discussions about trivial things, loud electric guitars, power drills, the nba, and monster trucks. No I don't know if the hippie manifesto holds monster trucks as abominations but I could understand if they did. I guess I'm stuck.

You know what the worst part about California is? The eastern time zone. Yeah, that's right people 3000 miles away have set prime time at 8pm and so the good shows don't come on till 10 o'clock. Remember when you're watching a live event, such as sporting event, and someone says "Up next... except on the west coast where they'll be watching..." Well the west coast has to wait because the networks tape daily everything to line up with the east coast television time frame. No, I don't know why. I'm sure it has something to do with advertising and giant bags of money. What I do know is that it means instead of watching Rescue Me at 9pm I have to wait till 10. I can't do that. I have to be at work at 7am. Doesn't anyone care about my feelings? Hello, Network Executives wake up and realize I've been up two hours longer than you and you live in the eastern time zone. It's time like these I realize why Tivo is the second greatest invention in the world. I'll let you know the first later. goodnight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019