California Adventure part 1

Wow, I have been back in Iowa for almost two weeks and I am finally writing about my trip out to the left coast. Bah, whatever, I have been quasi-busy applying to several jobs (all in the SFO bay area [more on that later]). ONTO THE VACATION.

So Dec 17th I graduated (holy shit that is just over a month ago... I have been graduated and unemployed for over a month) and went to Chicago for Christmas. Chicago is always a good time. I got a lot of congrats and what not for graduating, we held a big party with my mountain of relatives, and everything was great... except for the ugly cold I had. On the 26th my immediate family and I all flew out to chicago in the late afternoon and we didn't land in SoCal until like 1230... I get a little silly when I'm up late and tired but about half way through our drive home I crashed... We couldn't go to our house yet because there were no beds there, so instead we checked into a hotel and I finally got to sleep around 130-45ish.

The rest of the week was full of helping my parents move their shit into the house, driving my sister around La La land for her internship interviews. I got to know the highways of L.A. very intimately. If you want to check out Covina or the Pacific Palasades consider me your driver. I didn't really do anything worth mentioning until Marieta showed up on the 30th.

Marieta arrived on the 30th around 1130 at night. It rained pretty much consistently through the next two days. I blame it on Megan's friend Sam who was also visiting from Long Island. If you have ever been to Long Island you know that the weather there is shitty about 75% of the year. SO! New Years was pretty much a bust. First we planned on going to this giant block party in downtown LA (six square blocks with a bunch open bars and a lot of cool artists performing: deathcab and a bunch of others I can't remember. I guess that colon was a waste...). So New Years Eve Marieta and I woke up and watched the first half of the ISU bowl and I realized at half I didn't want to sit around my parents house so Marieta and I drove around Thousand Oaks. We went to a sur la table, a Z gallery, Marieta got some Peet's coffee (her favorite coffee, I followed through on my promise and tried every cup she bought but let me tell you I am just not a coffee drinker, espcially really dark roasts like Peet's). That night we played Mexican Train with my family and watched some of the specials on the tube. It was nothing to write about in a blog but I enjoy wasting other people's time with my nonsense.

The first was rainy. Marieta and I went to Venice beach, santa monica, and drove around LA. It was some cold ass rain. However, we did enjoy some tasty tasty tasty lunch at enterprise fish company. let me find their webpage... http://www.enterprisefishco.com/
Delicious! We drove home in some driving rain and in a nose to ass traffic jam. Oh well, the night was full of tube watching. we all watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I love that movie

The second featured the entire posse going to the Long Beach Aquariam. Dude, let me tell you Long Beach is fucking nice. It's sad that a small downtown area like Long Beach is about half as big as Des Moines and is five times as cool. The aquariam was cool. Lot's of Jelly Fish (Marieta's favorite) and a huge hands on area (Marieta's least favorite). Marieta was freaking out a little bit over touching fishies and sharks so she abstained but that didn't hold me back. I love touching crazy animals and I think sharks fit. Marieta only touched one shark when I held her hand and we both touched it at the same time. I guess her logic was if it bit her hand off it would have to take my with it...

The third was Disneyland. Space Mountain rocks, Pirates of the Carribean was slow and kind of lame, and The Matterhorn (sp?) hurt me and I nearly cried. While Disneyland was kind of cool, California Adventure was really cool. We watched a movie on the history of California, we road the coolest ferris wheel I have ever seen, an actual roller coaster, and the slowest/lamest bumper cars on the planet. I guess the happiest place on earth cannot have bumper cars that could dislocate your hips...that isn't happy? Disneyland? I definitely advise you to hit it up. Bring some bottles of water. The drinks there will rape your wallet.

So finally the fourth. Marieta and I drove to San Fran. The drive was like 380 some miles on interstate 5. That drive is insanely long. Well it could have been longer, but thanks to good company and Dane Cook's latest album it went smoothly. Hey I will finish this all up later. I am gonna watch some Tivo with my lady friend. Love all ya'll... minus you two ugly ones in the back, you know who you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019