My Lifestyle determines my Deathstyle

So today went like this: woke up, watched tour de france, finished my last summer course, worked out, finished the batman begins videogame, watched Some Kind Of Monster (the Metallica documentary), watched Monk, and than The Jacket. I know it sounds like a lot of sitting on my ass but guess what, it was cool with me. Dude, that Some Kind Of Monster was totally worth it. I am not a Metallica fan by any definition of the word, but that was a great documentary. You take a look at Metallica and you think there is a band that cuts through the bullshit and just talks straight to everyone and one-another. Dude, they were screwed (maybe still are) but watching that movie you connect with them on a human level. I mean Lars is still an ass but you understand why. Man that was a cool film. They just recorded their lives from January 2001 (when Jason Newsted quit the band) to the kick off of their St. Anger tour. If there ever was reality television, this is it. They had a therapist, they yelled at each other, and it was just cool. I highly reccommend it, even to people who hate heavy metal.

And The Jacket. Dude, there is a movie that had a HORRIBLE advertising scheme. I mean, those trailers made me want to do anything but watch that movie. But I took a chance and rented it. It was pretty cool, a good story. Kind of 12 Monkies-ish but dude I totally dug it. And Adrian Brody is a lucky guy (see the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about, ooooooh yeah). Makes me want to get strapped into a straight jacket, shot full of hallucingenic drugs, and shoved into a morgue box thing. Actually not really but it was a cool film.

Oh and did you see Michelle Wie choke at the John Deer Classic today? Yeah I willed that shit. I turned on the TV, she had 7 holes left and someone made a great point. She is playing against golfers who aren't the best out there. She picked and chose the easiest tournament to try and make the cut. I have nothing against women on the PGA tour to play against men. I have started to think all sports should be uni-gender. Think about it. Girls and boys should play together. I am sure there are 100s of women out there who are better at baseball, tennis, basketball, hell, maybe even football and hockey. Back to Michelle Wie. I heard that remark and thought, damn it she must miss this cut because damn it if you're going to make history by being the first women to make the cut at a PGA tour in 60 YEARS you better make the cut while playing against the best there is. I mean if she makes the cut while a bunch of schmoes are setting the cut line, what did she prove? She can beat the shitty golfers. Yeah, I'll tell you right now. She can beat the shitty golfers. Alright, so I was sitting there, she was 4 strokes under par, the cut line was at 3 under and she had like 6 holes left. I was thinking, you better bogey these holes because you don't deserve this. She went on to double bogey one hole, and single bogey another. And good, I want her to do it, but play somebody we care about. When Billie Jean King wanted to prove she was just as good and better than any male tennis player she played Bobby Riggs, a tennis champion. She won and stunned the world. Damn it man, that's cool. alright, I looked at the tube and lost my train of thought. I am gonna hit the sack. I love you kids. later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019