It's late, so let's ramble

Man I didn't have class today. It was pretty sweet but now that it's almost one and I have class at eight am... I really wish I hadn't slept in till 11. It could be worse, I figure if I hadn't gone and worked out for an hour today I probably would be up till about 2 or 3 tonight sleepless. Oh well.

I started playing ESPN NBA 2K5. I got it for christmas but had yet to play it until today. I was a little hesitant because I heard a shit load of bad reviews for it but man, it is way better than that NCAA 2005 game. It's fun to play, the reaction is realistic. Momentum and shit. Oh yes, it's nice. Of course, my team is the Bulls and we be throwing down. We've only lost four games. Let's see I think they were Suns, Kings, and... can't remember the other, oh well. I can't wait to go see the Bulls play the Wolves on the 13th. Chels and I are gonna go. It is gonna be sa-weet. Hell yes. i was looking at how much replica Bulls' jerseys cost. They are expensive. I really want a Ben Gordon jersey. That kid is pimp. I couldn't care less about UConn but Ben is ballin like mad for the Bulls.

This reminds, Chels and I had a conversation recently about why some sports are so popular and other sports aren't. The more I think about this, the more I am sure it's the reason: The more equipment necessary for the game, the less popular it is gonna be.

Okay let's start with Football. You may think "P@, you need pads to play football." No you don't. Didn't you ever play backyard football when you were a kid. All you need is like 9 other kids, a back yard, and some way to mark the endzones. It's that easy. I mean you have to count mississippis so the quarterback doesn't get smacked all the time, and you have to trade off on quarterback and kick off kid but other than that it's the perfect backyard sport.

2nd Basketball. You just need a basketball, a driveway, and a hoop. Don't tell me that is more equipment than you need for baseball. I'll get to that in a moment. Basketball is almost better than football to play but in football you don't need to worry about finding a hoop. Basketball you can play with 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 people. It's fast paced, practically everyone gets a chance to make some points, and it doesn't matter if your fast, slow, fat, or skinny you probably have some sort of expertise to keep you from being picked last.

3rd Baseball. Man I like baseball a bunch but unless you have a whole team, you're playing either Homerun derby or Double-or-nothing. Baseball you need a lot of room. Not just a yard but like five yards, without fences. I used to play with Bryan Rowland and my neighbors in our backyards but we had fences and the houses were closed together and that just screwed shit up. Jumping over his neighbors fence to get the out. That sucked. And Baseball falls to basketball and football because nobody really cares about getting the out all they want to do is hit it and show they can pound that shit way back into the park. EVEN IF your team is up at bat there is no guarentee you get to hit. Three outs and your back in the field. It's slow, you need like 4 balls in case one flies into a bush and is gone, lands on a roof, or just gets covered in shit. Also, backyard baseball is way more dangerous than basketball or football. I have hit a ball into my best friends face before while playing Double-or-nothing, that shit doesn't happen in Basketball.

4th Soccer. Dude Soccer is a fun game and I like playing it but its gonna take a long time before it gets as popular as any other sport in america because people like to use their hands. Americans are clumsy with their feet. It's sad but true. I have no other reason to place this in 4th other than you can't pick up the ball and America is full other white guys who can't dance.

5th Hockey. God it sucks to be Hockey. Great sport, takes a lot of skill but so much depends on having ice, getting sticks, sometimes your mom wants you to wear helmets and shin guards (depending on if its in the street or on the ice.) I wish there was more too it but it gets expensive, you cant play one on one, and you gotta work with the seasons.

Finally, I know there are a junk load of other sports but these are the popular ones. Sorry Tennis, Volleyball, and other sports involving a net but you're too much work and truthfully not popular. The only sport I have any comments left for is Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee or Frisbee golf. I dont understand why there isn't an ultimate frisbee league but I imagine it has something to do with the wind. You're an anamoly frisbee. Fun as hell, everyone can catch, and everyone should be able to throw. I imagine one day you'll get what's coming to you. Hell take basketball for example, it got really popular in college so they started the NBA. Maybe if you're lucky it will happen to you.

Okay than, it's officially 1 am and I up way past my bed time. So until the next I am bored and care to talk you kids enjoy winter. Go sledding or something. Sleep time. Lates.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Damn the US for not embracing hockey (or should I say the lower half of the US). Bring it back...

~Chels

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019