Late Rambling

So I decided to come up to the computer and print my summary for English before tomorrow morning incase I forget to print it off while I am half awake. I just wrote a new song for the Evil Geniuses and I have never written a song for the evil gs all the way through. I hope they dig. The real reason for this rant is to say...I have been reading this awesome book about the underground scene in the 80s called Our Band Could Be Your Life. If you haven't picked this book up and you're at my page I advise you do so.

This book is amazing. It talks about all the big underground acts of the 80s and how they got signed, toured, recorded, and all sorts of shit. I dont know how to do it now and they did it 20 years ago with little to no publicity at all. I have already read about Sonic Youth, Fugazi, The Replacements, and The Minutemen. I am currently reading about Black Flag even though I said I was gonna wait till I read about the other bands in the book before I touched Black Flag. I already know a shit load about their history because I really think Henry Rollins is an interesting guy. I don't idealize him cause I think he is an idiot in many ways but he sure is interesting.

Can't imagine doing a tour where I sleep on peoples floors and shit! Doesn't that just sound cool as hell. You know Fugazi still does that to this day! That's awesome. Everything talked about in this book: Labels, zines, bands, tours, European tours, art...MAN I WANT TO DO IT ALL! It's just a really funking cool book.

Pick up that book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019