Vacation so close I can taste it


I love vacation. I love vacation so much, I get sad when other people go on vacation, because I'm not going on that trip. It doesn't matter if we're talking friends, acquaintances, frenemies, or my arch-nemesis (of which I don't have one); if you're going on a trip I want to be on that trip.

So guess how excited I get when I actually am about to set off on a trip.



Roughly 24 hours from now Marieta and I will be landing in Boston for our tour of New England. For a little insight into how we plan our trips, Marieta and I research several points of interest along our travels and build a Google Map of everything.

For this trip our map has roughly 100 travel stops; some are Marieta's, some are mine, and we when touch down back in Des Moines we will not have hit close to half of them. But making these maps is a great way to build trip anticipation. For roughly six weeks we've been adding to this puppy, with Boston getting the least attention (due to Marieta having lived there).

Specific highlights for this trip look to be:

  • Acadia National Park
  • Hiking the Bee Hive
  • The Flume
  • Portland, Maine
  • The Museum of Bad Art
  • Castle Island
  • Otto Pizza

It may seem strange but I get three times the enjoyment for me due to map planning, the actual trip, and then cutting down a travel video. So instead of a few days that will quickly pass, I get weeks of build up, several days of escape, followed by a dozen hours of footage editing and years of travel video enjoyment. Seeing as I never update this blog anymore, look to my personal YouTube page in a month or so to see how awesome this trip ended up being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Creative

Bluey, the Unreliable Narrator?

Eddie Morra is an Idiot