Just a 30 Year Old Kid

Saturday, the Iowa State University Foundation held its family picnic at Center Grove Orchard in Cambridge, Iowa. How cool was it? I think these pics speak for themselves.



Marieta and I have been to a handful of pumpkin patch/activity farms since moving back to Iowa in 2009, but this place takes the cake. Center Grove has all kinds of farm animals, a basketball court size corn pool, a giant jumping pillow, a 4 acre corn maze, tractor pedal carts, a huge slide, a apple sling shot range and tons more. You need to take your kids here! And if you're wondering, Marieta did not spend the whole time behind the camera.


So, yes I am 30 years old, and yes, I still love to be a big goofball in public. Talking with a few coworkers at the event I am pretty sure I was the only childless employee to bounce around on the pillow and cannonball jump into the corn pool. I wont let my age keep me from having fun. If there is one downside to Center Grove it is the prize you get from finding all the hidden signs in the corn maze. Don't waste an hour in that maze just to get a fake tattoo.

Saturday was not just about Center Grove, but also the Farm Cruise. Here's a couple pics, but if you want more you'll have to check out a post on Sustaining Iowa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019