Google Music and my Musical Renaissance

I am a huge Google fanboy. I use Youtube, Google Reader, Picasa, Maps, Analytics, Gmail, Calendar, Tasks, Bookmarks, Documents, Buzz, G+, and I have an Android phone. All that and most recently I started using Google Music - and like the rest of their products - gMusic just owns.



Back in College I lived and breathed music. That's me dancing on stage at a Dismemberment Plan show right before they broke up. I went to more concerts, bought more cds and messed around with the "scene" more than any one person should. I was obsessed with finding cool new tunes and I didn't care what genre they fit into as long as they were awesome.

To say those days have passed is an under statement. I haven't bought tickets to a concert in probably 5 years, I spend close to no time searching out new music, and me and the scene? Ha!

Well there is no way Google Music can restore all of that but damn if it hasn't brought back my love for little known (at least to me) musical gems.


Thanks to the 3 or 4 daily servings of free music from Magnifier, Google's official music blog, I am rolling in awesome new music. I highly recommend you check gMusic out. It's still in beta so you need an invite, but as Travis Morrison and the Dismemberment Plan told me back in Freshman year don't worry because "YOU ARE INVITED! By ANYONE to do ANYTHING!" Well... not anything, but I do have a few invitations left to let some people check out the glory of this feel web service. 

Want to know what you're missing out on? Here's a couple awesome tunes I discovered.

Nick Waterhouse - "I Can Only Give You Everything"


The Greyboy Allstars - "What Happened to TV?"




The New Mastersounds - "Can You Get it"

Comments

Anonymous said…
u seem to be a "Googleholic"-just like me:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019