Image is Everything

This year I have picked up a new responsibility at work; Co-Producing the CRI travel show "One Day Getaway" with the show's host A.J. Hodgeman (of PB & AJ fame). I'm pretty excited. Last June, I started Co-Producing on a interim basis while the show's former producer, Jacob Rosdail, was working on a documentary project that will air next month on Iowa Public Television. 


In the 7 month window where I was filling in we went to Principal Park, Dubuque, Adventureland, Winterset, and filmed a special Halloween episode. This year we've already got a Marshalltown episode in the bag and over the weekend we ran up to Cedar Falls to film. I'm pretty excited for all of our plans.


For the show I've written a ton of original tunes, come up with some silly bits, and most recently re-did all of the graphics for the show. There's a new intro & outro, lower third identifier graphics, and transitions. Check em out:





We also have a plan to start putting "commercial" breaks in the show, so with that in mind, I built this graphic.





Design show graphics was never something I was truly interested in doing before working at the CRI, but now I love the opportunity to come up with new stuff. For instance, at the end of every year the CRI Film Critics get their own show to sum up the year in film, give their opinion on the best films, and replay a handful of reviews. Well, I took that as another opportunity to build a bunch of graphics and I think the end results was really sharp. Take a look (the first 8 seconds of this clip are CRI Weekly News graphics which I didn't build)





So I'm pretty excited. It's fun to have a new creative outlet to dance around. I shoot news stories, write and report, design and manage the website, write music for various programs, and now build graphics. How diverse and awesome is that? I just keep telling myself to soak it up now because I will probably never have another job where I get to do all of these things at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019