direcTV (or how I learned to stop complaining and give in to the fact the install guy is 3 hours late)

Here's my Saturday; wake up at 9, go to the farmers market at 10, get home around 1130, and sit around until 7pm waiting for DirecTV to show up to install my satellite. So much for a 12p-4p install window with a call coming within the first half hour of my wait. No No No, I had to call the 800 # around 5p asking where in the heck our dude was. Turns out they screwed up and nobody got the message. In the middle of that call they send out a "seek and install" signal to any install guy available and I get a call. Dude says he'll be there between 530 & 6p. Not so much, 7p rolls around finally someone comes a knockin' at my chamber door.

I am like everyone else. Over the course of several wasted hours waiting for something to happen that never does I get angry and bitter. But unlock like everyone else this raging pit bull turns into a cute little puppy the moment he sees the object of his affection. I seriously was sitting there re-reading Hitchhikers Guide, heard the truck pull in the driveway and instantly started arming my mouth with every possible argument I could have for why this guys life needs to be erradicated to make my day of house arrest have any value, but the second my hand touched the front to greet my arch-rival... a bolt of understanding-lightning hit me. It isn't this dudes fault, is it so bad to chill out watching the Cubs & reading a book in my own house on a super hot Saturday? No and this guy is just doing his job, he is the system that allows this type of thing to repeatedly happen.

So I let him, showed him around, set him with several glasses of water (it was damn humid outside), he did his thing, ran us quickly though the setup, and left around 930p. What a waste of a Saturday... kind of...

Beyond that, DirecTV rocks. For someone who loves movies, I am Tivo-ing everything and anything that looks like it might hold my interest. For instance yesterday I watched Whip It! Decent story, makes roller derby look cool, I love Kristen Wiig, but the film is so freaking long and had no discernable directoral style. They could have cut 20 minutes, maybe 30 minutes, and not only would the plot have been much tighter and more interesting but the film would have been funnier. In the end it felt like a movie with themes that have been retread far too often and the major story of a girl becoming an individual outside of her parents and boys is bogged down in a slow pace and too much doublebacking in the main characters plight.

Up Next: Religulous I think this DirecTV thing is gonna be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019