My Movie Weekend

Now before anyone thinks I am super lazy please know that I ran in an organized 5k race on Saturday morning, spent an hour at the DSM Farmers' Market, biked 22 miles, and hung out with a lot of people this weekend. Also, if Marieta didn't have to spend all of her free time on her Master's classes I would probably have only seen one or two of these films but since she is tied to a desk studying... I have a lot free time. So here is how useless I was this weekend.

Friday
1. The Spirit - Scarlot Johannson is the worst actress of all time and her looks are HIGHLY overrated. The film was baaaaaaaad, but fun in its badness. Not so bad it was unwatchable.

Saturday
2. The Last Airbender - M. Night is done for. Everything he left his mark on in this thing (the acting, the plot, the voiceover) was absolutely terrible. That being said I hope they make the sequels because I dig the mythology and I have never watched/read anything Airbender related. Ditch almost all of the actors and keep the story going and I'm in.

3. Slammin Salmon - The most recent Broken Lizard film and I think their best effort since Super Troopers. I doubt they can ever top that. They appear to be following the path of the Out-Of-Nowhere rock superstars. Their first album was their opus, the follow up trash, their 3rd had something but ultimately fell short, and by the fourth you're okay with the product but you can't give them any credit because they've served you so much trash you can't be sure what you're seeing is good or just serviceable. A lot of good gags in Salmon. Rent it.

4. Black Dynamite - Hilarious. I can't comment on this film in the way I want to because it might upset my mother.

Sunday
5. Funny People - Way too freaking long. I am not a Judd Apatow guy and this movie pretty much played to all the things I don't care for from his films; holding every scene too long, having too many characters, and just an hour of unneeded content in each film. That hour being the last here. Oh God, kill me if I ever say I want to watch this again. I laughed, but I also almost feel asleep.

6. Zombieland - Seen it before and still love it. Can't wait for the sequel.

7. 1/3 of Spiderman 3 (on mute) - So I was at a July 4th party and this was on in the background. Didn't really watch it but what I saw... looked a little overcooked and I will keep this on the back-back-back burner for another year or so before I watch it.

8. Death Race - It was 1030, I had just watched some fireworks and I wanted something that required zero brain power. This fit the bill and had some cool car crashes. Wont buy it, wont rent it, but would say check it out. Jason Staham plays the same character he always does; the double crossed bad ass.

Monday
9. Happy Gilmore - I still love this movie and I still associate it with my friend Elliot giggling like a little girl from start to finish upon first viewing.

10. What's Eating Gilbert Grape - Liked this film... but it was too long and by the end I just wanted something bad to happen to Johnny Depp. Such a boring character. He was the definition of a wet blanket. Blah. Everyone else in the film was awesome and made it what it is; Solid.

So yeah I watch 9 and 1/3s movies this weekend... Yes I am proud of that. I will say that with Marieta working so hard on her class stuff that I kind of feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow with none of my homework done, as I definitely relived a couple weekends I experienced back in high school. Okay kiddos, hope your 4th was fun. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019