Before the trip up north

Let me share a secret with you. I haven't dropped a single cent on this trip to Alaska yet. I will probably only spend a hundred (maybe less) the entire time I am there. That's right, Marieta and I am are riding on someone else's dime to one of the coolest places I will ever go, Alaska. Who is paying Marieta's parents.

It's an awkward situation to be in. I mean my parents have paid for several of my vacations but never anyone else. I don't know how to operate in it really. Vacation to me is about adventure and having a good time. If someone else is paying pretty much your whole way do you get a say in what activities you partake in? where you stay? it's a gray area.

I really want to get out and high some mountains. That is at the top of my list. Followed closely by doin something crazy. I don't know what but it needs to be something I have never done before and fun to the max. Will these happen? sure they will but I don't really feel like I should dictate when I want them to happen. I have always had a part of me that let's other people make decisions as far as activities (as long as I was down) because I want the people around me to be happy. Now I'm conflicted. I didn't ever consider going to Alaska before and this trip is like a once in a lifetime thing. While I don't have very many specifics tied to it, I do want to do something unique, hike the mountains and glaciers, and come back saying that Alaska is amazing. I've known people who have spent time in foreign countries, climbed crazy mountains, and met exotic people but gone to Alaska. I feel like this is my opportunity to say "I did something awesome, here's my merit badge, Alaska." I can't wait to get up there. I hope to update this thing with some pictures and what not. Keep you guys in the loop. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019