Chillin in Chicagoland

I am staying the night at my aunt's place tonight. Tomorrow is my cousin Will's baptism and I am is his godfather. I think that's really cool and I feel honored to be it. If he is anything like his older brother Scotty or his dad Steve he is destined to be a cool kid. I love being in Chicagoland. You know how you can go places by yourself and feel alone and almost kind of worthless almost? Well Chicagoland is the complete opposite for me, I could chillin in Chicagoland all by myself and feel great. This is where I hope to end up at some point. The Bulls, Cubs, Bears, the city, my family, what else is there? It's pretty sweet.

It's funny you know because a few years ago I would have fought to get back to Des Moines, mainly because all my friends were there. I can see why Des Moines is a great place to raise your kids but I am ready to split. I don't want to raise my kids where most of my history is. I'm a pretty excited guy at this point of my life. Little things like my grades this semester and living by myself next year and big things like graduating and get out into the real world. A lot of people I know are pretty hesitant about it but I more anxious (Is that spelled right? Ah, screw it), I just want to get a job, any job and start living. I used to hate that saying about how your job doesn't define who you are, now I truly believe it. There is no way I am gonna let my job define my personality, unless it is something amazing that I love going to everyday, something I wouldn't mind working 7 days a week, all day, everyday.

Two years ago I would have said that a 7 day a week job for me would and could only be rock n roll. Man that noise is trailing dream nowadays. The music business sucks, Not only do they screw over any act that comes their way but you have to live this stupid stage persona at all times. That sucks, I don't want to be forced to put out art that I don't like. Solo artists have all the real control over their future. Springsteen and Beck are perfect examples. They don't have 3 or four other guys fates intertwined with theirs. Those guys do what they want, when they want. I kind of feel that way now. Eight Miles Out is (maybe was) great, I love the guys, had fun at the shows but I am tired of juggling people emotions and agendas. When a musician/artist has to work with others to illustrate their art you ultimately have to make compromises in what you want to convey, ask the Beatles.

Man I rambling, it's late and I am tired. You kids have a great time and spring. P.S. golf rocks, go bust a few.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019