Surprisingly... A Good Time

Remember when we lived in Chicago and I was working to open a studio with a dude named Charlie? The plan was to open a recording studio/videography suite. I quickly fell out of love with the deal because Charlie started expecting things from me that I didn't really want to do, i.e. wedding videography. At the time I thought it was to filmmaking what prostitution is to love making. Well I'm kind of rethinking all that...


This is a quick snapshot of the DVD I put together for Marieta's good friend Sarah Dutton. She got married back in May and I offered a couple weeks before to video it for her. She had no one doing it professionally so she pretty much said why not. Now I'm not a graphical design artist so the case and DVD label are pretty elementary (and as far as I'm concerned... overrated anyways) but in the end I'm pretty proud of this puppy. There is close to two hours of content and even though it wasn't something I was super excited to do at the time, it was quite a bit of fun to put together.
Next on the to do list is our wedding. I didn't have as big a hand in the actual filming of the event but with some good cut and pasting I think it will end up looking pretty nice. Maybe... just maybe... I should rethink this whole wedding videography thing. It's a field that is ridiculously overpriced and filled with demand. I had a lot of fun shooting/editing it so hmm.... Maybe...

Comments

megexpat said…
Do it, if you can -- I'm just not sure how you'd break into that. Could be a good gig, though.

Maybe you're just wedding crazed at the moment.

Oh, and do I show up on your little stalker-tracker map as a site visitor from Spain?

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019