Continue the Career Climb

When you lose a job (one of three in my case) you have a couple of options: sit at home and cry about it or reevaluate your efforts to move your career ambitions along. Well I spent one day at home not working and I decided I hate that. I don't make much money and spending a weekday on my couch when I want to work sucked so I wrote some emails, made some calls, and because of that I have spent more time at cbs over the last week than anywhere else. Picked up my photog training, started to shadow the sports guys, and picking up any open shift I can downstairs at KCBS.

Without realizing it the first night I go in to shadow a sports producer there is pretty much zero sports going on; the worlds series was delayed and no football. Thankfully there was a San Jose Sharks game and the NBA kicked off (albeit no Warriors game). Walking in I was expecting it to be pretty slow, but it turns out the sports department has a way of turning slow times into fun times. Here's what I'm talking about.

Maybe you heard about Condi Rice possibly coming to work for the 49ers in a couple months? Well Dennis (the sports anchor) took that and ran with it. He wrote a pretty funny piece turning the possibility of Rice coming to town into a 49er soap opera. If you're interested in the slapstick silliness that occurred here's the piece.

I had an awesome time working with these guys. The time flew bye, we got to watch basketball, edit with final cut pro, joke a lot, and everybody just seemed to enjoy their job. That's what I want. I don't dislike the news department but if I don't think I could maintain my sanity while rewriting the same stories every week. If I keep going down the news path it's gotta be as a photog because they get out of the office, get to edit (which I really enjoy), and follow a different story everyday. Beyond any of that producer trainer and photog training will really help diversify my skillset. So now that I've bored you with my life... How are you doing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019