Everything You Need To VOTE

After moving to El Cerrito I recently realized I had zero idea where my polling location was. Turns out it is about 100 yards from my door. How did I find out that was my spot? DeclareYourself.com. No I didn't magically stumble upon that site. A guy named Steven Spielberg put a video online telling people to vote and the video has built in time for you to open a second browser and check out their site. Here take a look.





Pretty cool stuff. I can't guarentee but just seeing those stars I'm pretty sure there varying opinions on the political viewpoints in that piece. Anyways, DeclareYourself.com gives you any and all info you want to know. I found my polling place, visited my county registrar website, and printed off a sample ballot. You know what the best part about this is? Now I can check out, by myself, what the story is on all these ballot measures and third party candidates. Yes I'm going Obama for President but with congressional seats and state senate I owe those people some time. I'm not voting straight party line. Congressional stalwarts are whats wrong with our political system and if a third party candidate appears to jive with my beliefs I may just go the road less traveled...

Now for something completely different...

CBS 5 held an annual bake sale yesterday for a food bank. As I was on my way to hit up the vending machine (I didn't get a chance to eat lunch with the assignment I was shadowing) I crossed the bakesales path. Their thing is this food bank can buy $7 worth of eats for every $1 donated. That's cool with me so I coughed up 2 bucks for a tasty oatmeal cranberry cookie. Well today the left overs are down in the newsroom with a jar for donations.


So I've let you know more than once that I don't make much money, but you know at least I have a job and can afford to have a tasty treat every now and again. So I decide to cough up a five and take a couple treats. I go back to my desk and start noshing when I realize that donating doesn't seem to be very cool. Now I'm not snooping, it just happens that this is my vantage point:As it turns out there are only a few bills in there and over 10 people have taken something (some have come back for seconds). That's sad man. I am making the least amount of money in here (minus the interns) and I have donated twice to this cause. If you want a brownie so badly maybe you could dig through your pockets and cough up a couple quarters at least.

Comments

megexpat said…
I cannot view HULU stuff in Spain, because it's only available in the US. This distresses me, because yesterday I kind of had the urge to watch Requiem for a Dream, for some odd reason, but it wasn't available to watch because I'm 50 miles outside the USA or whatever the rule is. #$)*^#$*!!!

Anyway, do you feel special that someone in Spain is following your blog, when you look at your google analytics page? hmmmm? I actually follow it more than your analytics page will say, because I see your imported notes on facebook. So you can feel even more special.

OK talk to you soon br-izz-o. (bro)

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019