Much Love For Megapixels

That's me and my new phone, the LG Dare. Touch Screen, 3 mp camera, great video, in camera effects for video (slow mo, fades, edit). Good stuff. I like it a lot; however it is an example of my lust for new tech gear, and to that end...


Best Buy is putting vending kiosks in major airports. A little late to this game if you ask me, but still one more thing to tempt me from parting ways with my money. Working the early shift at channel 5 this morning, one of the anchors was cracking wise about guys and tech goodies. "Oh I needed it, I needed it."

...Is that true or what? Tech toys for guys are the equivalent of clothes and shoes for girls except much more expensive so we can't indulge nearly as much; however, that won't keep us from spending hours oogling cameras, tvs, mp3 players, software, etc.

Oh man do I have this bad. You know in Waynes World where Wayne finally buys that Fender Stratocaster (a guitar that I don't consider all that awesome [even though I'm a Fender guy]), that was me when I finally bought my Mac laptop. I have been drooling over macbooks and powerbooks since I was a freshman in college. Brought it home, loaded up Final Cut Pro (a moment I had been waiting for so long), and Marieta had to ask how necessary the thing was. Don't get me wrong, she thinks its really cool now, but I had to work hard to get that fire started.

So back to Best Buy Kiosks. For a company that has to be losing revenue with websites like newegg.com booming and Fry's slowly spreading its awesomeness across the country. Seriously, check out Frys if they are in your area. They have no product or manufacturer allegance (Best Buy has serious HP issues). So these kiosks... oh the markup. Just stopping by one of those nameless gadget shops at SFO a couple weeks ago a MicroSD memory card (used by most cellphones) was 48 bucks for 2 GB... at Fry's that is under 10, in fact it may have been more like 6. I know its tempting, but dude, don't buy anything at the airport. If you get bored on the plane, just grab the skymall. It's the equivalent of a shopping condom. The danger is there (in flight phones and credit cards), but in 97% of cases, you should be cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019