That's right, nothing for months and than two updates in two weeks. I am just in the zone. Think that's crazy? Come Friday, there should be an update to the normal video portion of the wedding site.
As I type this two drastically different things are happening; I'm in California for a film festival and my mother, Linda Boberg, is lying in a Des Moines hospice bed. In fact she started hospice care the day I flew out here. As you can imagine, I'm experiencing quite the emotional tug of war. When you have a kid you commonly examine where they get certain traits. I've always been able to parse that I get my emotional, empathetic tendencies from my mother and my pragmatic, compartmentalizing skills from my Dad (another raging tug of war at the moment). This list could go on forever, but one thing I've never fully understood is where my creative drive came from. Now with the writing on the wall, it's obvious my mom flipped the creativity switch. It wasn't until my Mom self-published a novel at 65 years old that I understood how creative she is. In the last three years she's self published half a dozen books and written many more. Her first bout of cancer in 2...
Skype rules. So incase you're not in the know, I have a macbook pro now. Yes, it is awesome. Yes it costs a couple of beans. One of the smaller perks is it comes with a webcam. Well now that I have a webcam and a fast internet connection I can do the webcamish/talkie thing. First person to talkie with me (or us) is my parents. We skyped it. Its like a phone call only free. I totally think you should check this out. Infact you could talk to me and we could ramble on about nonsense. All right, back to the weekend.
Another Facebook Survey... "Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life. Dug into your soul. Music that brought you to life when you heard it. Royally affected you, kicked you in the wazzo, literally socked you in the gut, is what I mean. Then when you finish, tag 15 others (or more!). Make sure you copy and paste this part so they know the drill." Ordered by when I heard them 1. The Beatles - The White Album My mom used to play it all the time. I thought it was the Beatles greatest hits for the longest time. 2. Green Day - Dookie Heard songs from it before but heard it all the way through at my buddy Josh Boyd's 6th grade birthday party and was blown away. Maybe the only album that truly changed my life. 3. Weezer - The Blue Album In January of 6th grade Ian Erskin (sp?) moved to Iowa and was in my 6th grade class. At lunch one day he gave me a tape with the blue album on it. At this time I used to listen to mu...
Comments