Why You're Cooler Than Me

Being that I am a super cool person you should take this as a compliment. It's official. Here's why:

1) I now watch Friends on almost a nightly basis.

That's right. I who used to be so up in arms about Friends and sitcoms in general watch Friends almost every night. Marieta has shown me the error of my ways. The first half of the show (prior to Ross marriage to Emily) is as actually funny and original. All the interactions between friends are played out as if they are in romantic relationships. It's funny to watch to room mates fight over the other "cheating on him" by looking at a new apartment. The second half the show (Monica and Chandler together) is about six eccentric people who seem to follow the eternal ben stiller charactor ideology of let's do everything possible to make every situation.as completely over the top and unbelieveable (yet still hilarious) as possible. I think this is why Chandler is my favorite charactor to the end. He is the only one who attmpts to make rational decisions throughout the series (and Matthew Perry is a good actor, and!.... he shares my birthday). After Chandler and Monica get together every charactor takes their flaws to 11. (joey is dumb, Phoebe is a flake, Monica is controlling, Ross has no common sense, Chandler thinks he is really funny, and Rachel is the hot girly one) HOwever, this does supply some great Joey quotes. But there is more.

2) Name the states in 6 minutes.

In one of the Thanksgiving episodes Chandler tells the friends about a game where you get 6 minutes to name all of the states. Now he says most people can't do it, inevitably people forget a couple. Now you are cooler than me for this simple reason, I tried this. I know it seems like an okay thing but consider the source. I reenacted something I saw in Friends. I mean there is the opportunity that someone enacted something they saw on lesser sitcoms but I'm only person I know who followed Friends (it's my guilty pleasure). Oh how did I do? yeah I named all of the states in 3 and a half minutes. Marieta had to give up. After 15 minutes she only had 46. I wanted to try state capitals but even I don't stoop that low.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019