The Facts

When Marieta and I first started dating one of the things we talked about was where we wanted to live; she listed Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Boston. I listed: Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Philedelphia (sp?), and about nine others. She'd done Boston, we're doing Chicago, and next on our list is greater area of San Francisco. If you happen to be a recovering Star Trek fan than you know that Alameda is where we keep our nuclear wessels. Very cool, kind of home cooking type feel. Half suburb, half beachtown.


So the main motivation for now as I already stated is Grad School. Back @ ISU I made a list of schools I wanted to go to (Iowa, Minnesota, Syracuse, others I forget) I don't want to go to any of those now. If you don't know the bay area Berkeley is like 15 minutes from Alameda and San Jose State just down the bay. Both of these are schools that wet my beak. So we're moving.


Now there is main motivation. If you know me you know I like adventure. Moving around the nation is most definitely an adventure. I've done the midwest, for 20 some years (having taken out vacation time, andvisits to my parents in LA and Long Island). Yeah I'm still a Bulls/Bears/Cubs fan, yes I'm still gonna visit a couple times a year but whats holding me here? Extended relatives and some old friends who live in another state. I'M YOUNG! I should be out seeing things, experencing life, blah, blah, blah. Maybe when I have kids and a cheap house I'll move back to the midwest but not now. This bus can't go below 55. Do I need to list what the bay area houses? The ocean, napa valley, mountains, 7 major sporting franchises, day drives to Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, GREAT food (probably Marieta's #1 reason for living there), an incredible culture, Yosemite park, Berkeley, Oakland, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Cable Cars, Garlic Fries, and 24 donut shops (my future #1 reason not to leave).


If you've never been to San Francisco here's the shell of this nut: you know those cool independent book stores, restaurants, guitar stores, venues, and bars? Mix those all together in a pot and stretch that dough out until it's 47 square miles. No joke, It's amazing how there isn't a single street that bores you in that town. Exciting stuff.


Last but not least, Happy Feet see it or perish in flames.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019