How can one man be so freaking cool?

I realized earlier this afternoon that I am horrendously out of the musical loop. I don't pay attention at all to new music. I don't listen to the radio (as if anything I like is on) and I don't look to see if my old favorites are putting out new stuff or playing in my area. I missed an RX Bandits concert in Des Moines from a few weeks back and today I stumbled onto the new Foo Fighters single. Sounds all right, I feel they have written themselves into a formulaic corner. Dave Grohl needs to just grab a four track and spend a week in a garage with out of tune guitar. Maybe then FF would be able to reset and put out an organically rockin album.

Be that as it may, Dave Grohl is working his musical ass off. Check out this video from his latest collaboration as a drummer; It's "Them Crooked Vultures" with Josh Homme on guitar and !!JOHN PAUL-JONES!! on bass.


Oh man that's amazing. I can't wait to pick up this disc. I will probably never see them live in concert being as I don't really go to shows anymore (shows cost too much), but damn if I wont rock the disc in my car (when I'm not listening to a book on tape). It's been a while since sat anxiously for an album to come out. Figures Dave Grohl would be the one to relight my music fan fuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019