Declaring my Interweb Dominance

You probably know that I'm big on posting little videos on the web. Well it seems only fitting that with my 500 Babbling Scribe post I declare my web video dominance! Why may you ask? View Count.

Okay, so I'm not viral but I'm close. Earlier this month I discovered this little contest on Lonely Planet's youtube channel where you post "My Journey" videos. So I used the video I shot from our honeymoon and entered a "My Journey- Kauai" piece. Care to watch? No? well too bad.




Well, I made that pretty quick just to toss my hat in for a chance at the top prize (a week trip in San Francisco and other treats including a sweet camera). I still figure it is a shot in the dark that I will take home that prize but dudes... As I publish this post that video has 9,946 views! That's incredible. The closest I have ever come to an amount like that is my crappy video of fireworks in Chicago from three years ago, and that video only has like 3k or so. I guess people dig it. If I had known it would be watched so much I might have put a little more work into my voice over (kind of blah in my opinion).


I doubt views is what wins this contest but I feel pretty cool for gathering close to 10k views in like two weeks. I have plans to make a Des Moines submission for my other youtube account but I am super busy with other things for work so I may just have to rest on this Kauai submission and hope it is enough to get us back to the Bay for a week long renaissance.



In other web-u-nessity news, my current pod about the 2009 Iowa Farm Crawl- oh you haven't seen that yet? Well here you go.




Well as I was saying-before I rudely interrupted myself-this video is playing well in the Iowa Farm community. I sent it to the Crawl people and they love it. I was hesitant to send it to them because I am still a 7th grade boy in some concerns and was afraid they would hate it and reject it as crap. So Hey hey! I'm feeling pretty good right now about my little videos. Those 40 some videos on our family webpage are not pointless. Hooray! Time for sleepy sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019