Night Driving in Broad Daylight

Just a quick little anecdote to start the day. Every morning I leave home around 10 to 8a and listen to KXNO sports radio up til I get to Pella. Around Pella the radio signal craps out due to hills, powerlines, and radio towers blocking the way, so I pop in a cd (yes I'm one of the few people who doesn't do the ipod driving thing.) It's been kind of fun going through my mountain of cds over the last month. I've listened to everything I had not given a spin in a while; NOfx, Stone Temple Pilots, Thursday, Beatles, etc.

Today's choice was The Photo Album by Death Cab For Cutie. Really through the whole feel of the morning off. You see during college I spent several evenings driving home from Iowa City, concerts, Des Moines, pizza hut in Ankeny, and my go to night driving cd was The Photo Album. It just really wound the night down in the perfect way. Well winding down on my drive to work is not generally something one needs to do, and it's f'ed up my entire inner energy... I think I'm gonna have to pop on the headphones and listen to something really heavy to get back into it... truly bizarre feeling I got going on here.

Oh well, it's 8:59, time for the Tuesday morning meeting. Peace holmes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019