Celebrating 31 like I'm 5

Yesterday I celebrated my 31st birthday. While 31-years-old is not a milestone, any birthday is a reason to take a personal day from work and have some fun. So how did I celebrate? The best way to phrase it was coined by my good buddy, Jordan Jensen, when I made this birthday breakfast post on Facebook.


He was right! My birthday was totally a five-year-olds dream. Let's break it down.



  • Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cotton Candy milk (yes, that is a real thing and readily available in Kansas City.)
  • Lunch: Pizza at Fongs (grown up toppings, but pizza is every kid's favorite)

  • Afternoon Snack: One Dozen Donuts. No, I did not eat them all.

  • Dinner: BBQ Ribs the Big Steer in Altoona. No 5-year-old is going to eat ribs, but look at that ridiculous steer. Plus, when they heard me say it was my birthday, Marieta and I go to split a free hot fudge sundae! Booyah!

If only there was a go kart place to hit up, my day would have been perfect. No biggie, I had enough sugar to last me a month. And of course, topping it all off was our road trip on the 18th. Marieta and I drove down to Kansas City to ride roller coasters all day at Worlds of Fun. I would totally be the coolest kid in Kindergarten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019